Monday, January 24, 2011

Come sail away...

Here's a page from my journal. I really like the page. I used copper ink pad from the right corner and tapered off. I then took Sapphire Glimmer mist and sprayed from the left to the right. It took me awhile to decide what to do with this page. Then a tutorial for PearlEx had me playing and I got out my stamps. This one is called Balloon Ride (one of mine). I stamped it using Stazon on transparience then ran it, image up, through the xyron adhesive machine. Peel back the backing and using the PearlEx to "paint" the image. I used pearl with blue PearlEx for the background and totally love the sky look I achieved. You then run the image through the xyrone again, I'm thinking to set the PearlEx. I used repositional adhesive and did have a problem with it lifting, but still I'm happy with the results. This is a very fun technique and encourage you to try! Oh and yes messy! But I tend to get messy when creating, so it may be just me!!!
The words Come Sail away on the left page is from one of my favorite songs from STYX. The writting on the other page is just thoughts that were in my head. I painted the area to be journaled on using an Iridescent White acrylic paint. It turned blue from the sapphire spray, but I think it looks better than if it was a stark white.

I've enjoyed taking a few minutes and doing something creative to my journal. Some days I play with paint, like watercolors. Julie is tweeting a idea for a one minute journal exercise daily. I've been jotting them down, I'm such a planner! Not always a good thing, but I did do one of the excercises and have more ideas brewing. Maybe next post I will share more of those!
Till later!
Sheila

No comments: